International Scholarships for African Students
Are you an undergraduate or a fresh graduate that wants to study abroad? There are various international scholarships available for African students you can apply. In this article, we will list all international Scholarships for African Students for you. So, don’t stop reading this article to the end to find out the opportunity that best fits your ambitions.
However, Below is the list of international scholarships for African Students.
- Top Seven (7) International Scholarships for African Students
Top Seven (7) International Scholarships for African Students
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program.
- Orange Knowledge Scholarship Programme, Netherlands.
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships.
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship For African Students At the University of Birmingham.
- American University Merit Scholarship Awards Program
- Margaret McNamara Education Grants.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
Mastercard Foundation has lots of scholarships and opportunities for African students. Some of the programs they have for African students include:
- Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships for Young Africans
- Mastercard Foundation Africa Growth Fund for African Business
- Mastercard Foundation Transforming Nigerian Youths Program
- University of Cape Town Mastercard Scholarship For International Students
- American University of Beirut (AUB) Mastercard Foundation Scholarship for African Students.
- The University of Western Cape MasterCard Scholarship For African Students.
How to Apply –
- Visit the Mastercard Foundation website.
- Select the Program you wish to apply for.
- Follow the instructions on the page.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program.
The Government of Canada is now accepting applications from interested and qualified domestic and international students.
It is a full scholarship that pays qualified students $50,000 yearly for three years to conduct research in top Canadian institutions. The scholarship is for postgraduate and PhD students and all African countries are eligible to apply.
This program does not only aim to attract world-class doctoral students but also to retain them. The scholarship also aims to support students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the following areas – engineering and health, natural sciences, and/or social sciences and humanities.
Requirements – You must be nominated by the institution you have applied to study, for academic excellence, research potential, and leadership.
Duration – 3 years.
Deadline – 1st November 2024.
Students must submit their transcripts, research proposals, two leadership letters of reference, personal leadership statement, and project references.
How to Apply –
- Search for Canadian Institutions
- Research your program of interest
- Also, research supervisors for your proposed research.
- Consult the Vanier CGS quota page.
Orange Knowledge Scholarship Programme, Netherlands.
This scholarship programme aims to promote the development of quality, knowledge, and capacity of organizations and individuals. This scholarship is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The program also offers scholarships available for a selection of short courses and master’s programs.
The master’s programme lasts for a period of 12 to 24 months while the short courses last for intermittent periods of 2 weeks to 12 months and 2 weeks to 7 months.
The scholarship is for postgraduate, and master’s students and students seeking Fellowships. It is available to students from African countries.
The deadline for this scholarship is 5th September 2024.
This is a full scholarship that offers accommodation and stipends to qualified students.
Requirements – Motivated, proficient in French or English, and in agreement with their obligations and conditions.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships.
These scholarships are for students from low, least-developed, and lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries. This program is designed for part-time Master’s study by distance learning. Students applying for this program must be offering select courses offered by UK universities.
This scholarship is funded by Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships, Commonwealth & Development Office, and UK Foreign. It enables motivated and talented individuals to access the skills and training that are not available in their home countries. This program is for postgraduate and master’s students.
Requirements – Be a citizen of an eligible Commonwealth country; permanently residing in a developing commonwealth country; have a minimum of second-class upper; and be unable to afford to study the program without the aid of this scholarship.
Mo Ibrahim Scholarship For African Students At the University of Birmingham
This scholarship is provided for by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation. It is a two-year programme comprising of full one-year MSC programme and an integrated one-year internship.
The one-year internship is divided into two. This includes:
- Six (6) months with IDD working on research with academics and the GSDRC.
- Six (6) months with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation in London working with the team on the Foundation’s initiatives.
The scholarship is for postgraduate and master’s students. It is a full scholarship that awards the successful candidate an airfare ticket, an arrival allowance of 950 pounds, and 950 pounds for 18 months. All African countries are eligible to apply.
The deadline for this scholarship is 31st March 2024.
Requirements – First class honors degree; good written and spoken English; and must be permanently resident in an African country.
Margaret McNamara Education Grants.
The Margaret McNamara Foundation offers education grants in different categories. The categories are grouped as follows:
- Educational Grants For Female Students.
- Educational Grants Scholarships for Developing Countries.
- Educational Grants for African Women.
The foundation seeks to empower women to pursue their education to improve the lives of women and children. The Educational Grants seek to provide grants to women from developing and middle-income countries. The grant helps these women to further their education and strengthen their leadership skills.
Almost $15,000 in education grants are awarded to these women to obtain their degrees and work to improve their lives and that of their children.
- Be a self-identifying woman.
- Be at least 25 years old at the time of application.
- Be a citizen of one of the countries in the MMEG Country Eligibility List.
- Be registered at a recognized academic institution.
- Should be prepared to enroll for one full academic semester (half-year term) after receiving the grant.
To get daily and current updates on any of the following;
- graduate trainee programs,
- shortlisted candidates for all recruitments, and
- internship programs,
Then do this:
- Follow our page – “Recruitment Portfolio” – on Facebook.
- SUBSCRIBE to our website.
Receive Daily Updates Through Our Social Media Channels.
- Federal Government Scholarship Past Questions and Answers pdf
- Gates Foundation Scholarship for International Students
- Postgraduate Scholarships in Canada for African Students
- MTN Scholarship Scheme – Application Form, Requirements, Closing Date
- Borno State Scholarship Program For Undergraduate Students
- Bola Ahmed Tinubu Scholarship Program – How to Apply
- How to Apply for the JPTS Scholarship
- List of courses offered in the JPTS Scholarship Program
- NLNG Scholarship Requirements and How to Apply
- KDSG Scholarship Program | Application Form, Requirements, And Deadline.