Wema Bank Graduate Trainee Program
Wema Bank Graduate Trainee: Wema Bank is one of the trailblazers in the African banking industry and the top founder of Africa’s first digital bank, ALAT.
Having decades of experience, Wema Bank has maintained its reputation of being resilient and creating innovative ideas which help them offer valuable service to its customers and high returns to its stakeholders.
Wema Bank is one of Nigeria’s longest, existing, and surviving original banks. It was created under the previous name Agbonmagbe Bank Limited on the 2nd of May 1945 as a private limited liability company.
- About Wema Bank Graduate Trainee.
- How long does the Wema graduate Trainee last?
- How much does Wema Bank pay their graduate trainees?
- What is the role of a graduate trainee?
- Requirements for Wema Bank Graduate Trainee Program.
- What is the benefit of the Wema Bank Graduate Training?
- Step-by-step Guide on Applying for Wema Bank Graduate Training
About Wema Bank Graduate Trainee.
Every year, Wema Bank recruits graduates to help them achieve their progressive initiative to ameliorate customers’ banking experience and improve their operational value and productivity across their branches worldwide.
Like most banks in Nigeria, Wema Bank offers a training program to fresh and young graduates who have an interest in developing a banking career.
The program was created to aid fresh and young graduates to thrive in the banking industry by impacting them with the skills and knowledge they need. This program is not limited to graduates who studied banking-related courses.
It is open to all graduates from all fields of study. The individual must have completed their NYSC or gotten an exemption certificate from NYSC. He/she should be no more than 26 years of age.
How long does the Wema graduate Trainee last?
The amount of time it takes to complete a graduate trainee program normally depends on the organization sponsoring the training and the type of job involved. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), these kinds of programs take at least 1-6 years to finish.
However, for the Wema Bank graduate trainee program, the training usually takes a year or two years to complete.
How much does Wema Bank pay their graduate trainees?
The salary structure of Wema Bank for their graduate trainees depends on the department of the trainee and his level of experience. Nevertheless, the average salary is N60,000 monthly. It is also bound to be raised depending on the performance of the trainee.
What is the role of a graduate trainee?
These are some of the responsibilities and duties of a Wema Bank graduate trainee:
- The trainee’s words and conduct should serve to promote a positive image and the good name of the company at all times.
- The trainee should complete all fieldwork they have been assigned.
- The trainee should conduct deep research and assist the Manager when and where possible.
- The trainee should bring fresh improvement and innovative ideas.
- The trainee will write reports or compile already-written reports.
- The trainee will also make oral, written, and digital presentations.
- The trainee should have notes on new experiences and knowledge gained.
- The trainee will have to be present in all meetings, workshops, conferences, on-the-job training, and team-building events.
- The trainee should take a test or submit an evaluation of his training at the end of the program.
Requirements for Wema Bank Graduate Trainee Program.
To qualify for the Wema Bank Graduate Trainee Program, you need to meet their academic criteria and job experience requirements.
Academic Criteria for Wema Bank Graduate Trainee.
- You should have at least a BSc or BA in various related disciplines. Having a master’s degree from a recognized university is an added advantage.
- You should graduate with a minimum of second-class upper from an accredited Nigerian or international university.
- You must be willing and available to develop a career in certain areas of the banking industry. The areas could be Audit, Finance, Compliance, and Credit functions.
- You must have cleared your O’level or A’level exam in one sitting.
- You should get at least 5 Credit passes in your WAEC or NECO exams including English Language and Mathematics.
- Having certifications from top professional bodies would be an added advantage too.
- You must have completed your National Youth Service Program or gotten an exemption letter from NYSC.
- At the time of your application, you should not be above 26 years of age.
- You may possess the following skills: – oral and written communication skills; strong analytical skills; numerical skills; customer service skills; time management; teamwork; attention to detail, amongst other required skills.
- You should be able to maintain professional etiquette in the workplace.
Job Experience Requirements for Wema Bank Graduate Training.
- You should meet the above academic criteria.
- You should have a growth mindset and a positive work attitude.
- It is important that you have a valid means of identification. This could be your driver’s license, your national identity card, your voter’s card, or your international passport.
- Having experience as an accountant or in any area of the banking industry will give you a chance of securing a higher position. However, it is not necessary.
All qualified candidates will need to take a Computer-Based Test (CBT). This is the first stage of the bank’s entry-level recruitment process. If you successfully pass this stage, you move on to the next stage which involves a series of formal interviews.
Successful candidates get to begin an exciting career journey with the Bank.
What is the benefit of the Wema Bank Graduate Training?
There is an attractive salary package.
Opportunities to widen your network and knowledge in the banking industry.
Step-by-step Guide on Applying for Wema Bank Graduate Training
To apply online:
- The Bank usually leaves information on its official website about intermittent vacancies that have opened up.
- Visit the bank’s official website https://wemabank.com/careers/apply/ to know if there are vacancies available. Click here to go to the website.
- Depending on the positions open, you can begin your application.
- Read the instructions attentively before you start filling in the online application form. Please note that the form is free and can be gotten online or physically from the bank.
- Complete the application by providing your personal, academic, and professional information.
- You will be given an Application Reference Number (ARN) which is 12 digits. You will need the ARN to gain access to your page subsequently on the portal. Thus make sure you do not lose your ARN.
- After you have submitted your application, print out the hard copy. That will be evidence of your application.
To apply offline:
Send your written application and the hard copies of your required credentials to the bank’s email address – email@example.com.
If your application is successful, you will receive an email inviting you for a Computer-Based Test (CBT)
Thanks for reading.
You can drop a comment or any questions you may have.
Wishing you the best!