NYS Recruitment 2024/2025 Application Form – Do you want to apply for the National Youth Service, but don’t know how, when, where and many other questions that need to be answered?
We are here to help you sort it out for you.by giving you answers to all of the above questions that will guide you on how to apply for your National Youth Service.
So in this article, I will be giving you the guide on the steps on how to apply, the application requirements, application deadline and all the information that is needed for this recruitment.
About the NYS Recruitment
The NYS is a program that is meant to recruit eligible Kenyan Youths, so that through it they may acquire skills that will help them to grow the economy.
The program was restructured by H.E. President Uhuru in 2014 with a 5-point vision such as
- Paramilitary Training and Service Regimentation,
- National Service and Youth Re-socialization,
- Vocational Training & Social Transformation,
- Enterprise & Youth Economy
- Bankable Institutional Architecture.
The NYS recruitment is open for both male and female applicants, so long as they meet the requirements for the recruitment, which will soon be discussed down below this post.
Eligibility for National Youth Service Recruitment
Who is qualified to apply for the Kenyan National Youth Service? The eligibility of applicants for the Kenyan NYS recruitment is that you must be a citizen of Kenya, which all the Kenyan counties are all included.
If an applicant meets that eligibility criteria, then the next thing is that he/she must meet the application requirements for the NYS recruitment. So let us now look at the recruitment requirements as listed below.
NYS Recruitment Requirements
To be considered for the Kenyan National Youth Service, you must fulfill the following application requirements;
- Be a Kenyan citizen and resident from any of their county
- Age range is between 18 – 24 years old
- At least Grade of D plain and above in KCSE, English or Kiswahili languages inclusive.
- Original National Identity Card, Academic Certificates is required
- Attend a Medical check-up during and after the recruitment
- There will be 6 months of compulsory paramilitary training.
- You must be ready to offer a voluntary service to any part of Kenya.
- You must have a certificate of conduct also.
NYS Recruitment Application Procedures
The following steps will guide all the eligible and qualified applicants for the Kenyan National Youth Service, to apply for their NYS:
- Visit the website official at https://www.nys.go.ke/vacancies/
- On the menu bar, click on job vacancies
- Click and open the available positions.
- On the portal, carefully fill out the application form.
- Upload all the documents required
- Verify all your details, and click submit.
NYS Recruitment Deadline
The recruitment of the NYS is not ongoing at this moment, so therefore, the closing date for the recruitment has not officially been unveiled by the management of the Kenyan National Youth Service, however, all applicants should keep checking the disclosure of the deadline from time to time.
The National Youth Service was established by the government of Kenya. This is to let all the interested applicants and the general public that they can apply for the NYS for the year, by applying for it through the online form which suitably qualified candidates can fill and submit online.